[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Very high interrupts on a supermicro machine.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Very high interrupts on a supermicro machine.
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:30:31 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* dormando <dormando_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> [2005-10-21 01:08]:
> Did you make any other configuration changes?
> Right now my box is doing ~28,000pps per direction per interface (out
> public, in public, out internal, in internal), totalling around
> 112kpps. It doesn't seem to want to go any higher than that. I've just
> tried moving the internal connection off of the dualport PCI-X card
> and onto the internal nic, and it hasn't made a difference. I'd be a
> little confused if two syskonnect cards would have double the
> performance of what I have in the machine right now...
at these packet rates I am not surprised by sk(4) performing more than
twice as good as others.
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.