Re: wireless pci card problem

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:23:35PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> <http://www.surecom-net.com/pd-wireless-9321-g_g1.htm> says
> "update:20050913 2A". I guess this means that the 2A was introduced
> last month and the specs are different to the older version, otherwise
> there'd be no need for an update.
>
> Comparing with the version at archive.org shows the newer card has
> worse sensitivity and more output power. This could easily be
> consistent with a change of chipset.

Just got word back from surecom, and sure enough, they've changed
chipsets.

EP-9321-g/3A - RALINK
EP-9321-g/2A - REALTEK

I am now under the impression that surecom may use realtek in other
products as well, although he didn't say that.

bc
--
Benjamin Collins <ben_(_dot_)_collins_(_at_)_acm_(_dot_)_org>
'Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old