[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: HOWTO on spamd+transparent bridge under OpenBSD
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, pf_(_at_)_benzedrine_(_dot_)_cx
- Subject: Re: HOWTO on spamd+transparent bridge under OpenBSD
- From: Michael Erdely <merdely_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:10:07 -0400
- Cc: Graham Toal <gtoal_(_at_)_gtoal_(_dot_)_com>
You've got a couple of weird things and errors on your page:
- You say OpenBSD doesn't support multiple consoles: ctrl+alt+f2
- Using the 3.7 ports tree on 3.6 is not recommended.
- tarring and untarring fake-i386 to install a port is just weird.
make install should already do that
- Why not install screen from a package like jove?
- sh /etc/netstart bridge0 will fire up your new bridge without rebooting.
That's all I can think of at the moment.
On 10/14/05, Graham Toal <gtoal_(_at_)_gtoal_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> For anyone who is interested, I've written up a document on
> how to install OpenBSD, configure it as a transparent bridge,
> then install spamd on it. It was written primarily for our
> campus computer center who want to know how to do it if something
> happens to me (like I get a better job elsewhere for example ;-) )
> but I think I've written it generally enough that it will be
> of use to anyone.
> The page is here: http://wiki.utpa.edu/InfoSec/GreyListingInstall?action=print
Support OpenBSD! http://www.openbsd.org/orders.html
Visit your host, monkey.org