[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Traffic shaping with a box OBSD with only Layer 2
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Traffic shaping with a box OBSD with only Layer 2
- From: jared r r spiegel <jrrs_(_at_)_ice-nine_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 04:38:07 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: jared r r spiegel <jrrs_(_at_)_ice-nine_(_dot_)_org>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 07:59:00AM +0200, Alessandro Coppelli wrote:
> Hi to all.
> Question :
> Is it possible to make a bridge with box OBSD that it to do traffic
> shaping ?
> In the 6.9 FAQ tthere is a "Filtering on a bridge", but there is the
> possibility of
> "Traffic shaping on a bridge" ? ( only traffic shaping )
it might end up doing the actual filtering decisions above layer2, but you
can use tags in your bridge config based on whatever criteria you
choose, and then create a pf.conf who does nothing other than
act on tagged packets, queueing however you wish.
[ openbsd 3.8 GENERIC ( sep 27 ) // i386 ]
Visit your host, monkey.org