[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries, check MAX_KMAPENT
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries, check MAX_KMAPENT
- From: "Frank Denis (Jedi/Sector One)" <j_(_at_)_pureftpd_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:27:05 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: "Frank Denis (Jedi/Sector One)" <j_(_at_)_pureftpd_(_dot_)_org>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 12:29:17PM -0400, Brad wrote:
Now instead of your system panicing, the kernel will try to allocate more
memory for additional map entries. The kernel will print ouf the usual
uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries but not panic.
Indeed, I upgraded a system that used to panic() without raising
MAX_KMAPENT and now if only prints the message without panic()ing.
Also, looking at the vmstat display of systat you will see that "kmapent"
has been added to the bottom right corner, this will show you the number of
map entries currently in use by the kernel.
Unfortunately, that number is hidden in a 80x24 terminal.
That host currently has 1583 kmap entries.
Frank - my stupid blog: http://00f.net
L'annuaire des professionnels de la manucure et de la pedicure :
Visit your host, monkey.org