Re: ath(4) DWL-G650 - ath0: no valid channels for regdomain NONE

On 9/3/05, Adam Papai <wooh_(_at_)_wooh_(_dot_)_hu> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2005, at 1:09 PM, Eric Dillenseger wrote:
> >
> > Hello Adam,
> >
> > I've seen the same issue with my DWL-G520, but changing the country
> > code solved the issue.
> >
> > When you say the card doesn't work, what do you mean? Mine is blinking
> > too and working correctly so I guess it's the normal behaviour. Can
> > you explain the symptoms?
> >
> > For me, the only thing that is not correctly working with the driver
> > is the speed, I can't get it working over 802.11b.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Eric Dillenseger
>

> Hm
>
> I'll make a try again.
>
> the symptoms was:
>
> I try
>
>   ifconfig ath0 newid asuka
>   ifconfig ath0 mode 11g or g11
>
> dhclient ath0 but I didn't get dhcp offer When I set it to fix ip it
> didn't see the router.
>
> I want to use it in managed mode. The country code I set is "hu" whan
> COUNTRYCODE do you use and what procedure do U use to set up ath0? I
> mean ifconfig or something :)
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Adam Papai
> D i g i t a l Influence
> E-mail: wooh_(_at_)_wooh_(_dot_)_hu
> Phone: +36 30 33-55-375

Well, here's how I set it up.

I modified the countrycode to "fr", built a new kernel, and rebboted.

after that I saw the mac adress of ath0 in dmesg.

<wepkey> mediaopt hostap chan 11 up
It worked so I set it in /etc/hostname.ath0

As I said before, the only working mode for me is 802.11b, if I force
a higher mode the card doesn't work. Have you tried with 'mode
autoselect' ?

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Visit your host, monkey.org