[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: raid kernel
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: raid kernel
- From: Jim Razmus <jim_(_at_)_bonetruck_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:22:49 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: Jim Razmus <jim_(_at_)_bonetruck_(_dot_)_org>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Nick Holland <nick_(_at_)_holland-consulting_(_dot_)_net> [050825 07:22]:
> Edd Barrett wrote:
> >> rather then trying more stupid band-aids and wuergarounds it would be
> >> fantastic if someone could sit down and get us a software raid
> >> implementation that doesn't suck and thus can be included in the regular
> >> kernels.
> > I havent noticed anything terribly wrong with raidframe. Why do you
> > think it sucks?
> > The only drawback with raidframe i see is that mirrors can only be 2 disks.
> * huge
> * complex
> * you can't add mirroring after initial install if you weren't planning
> for it at the beginning.
> * its recovery from "events" is not graceful (i.e., long boot times).
> That's just a starter...
> (can't believe I forgot the bsd.mp case...)
Just curious, what does the dev team think about Vinum?
Visit your host, monkey.org