Re: SETTLED - Re: proper way to format/use floppies (i386)

Hi Richard,

Richard P. Koett <lists_(_at_)_telus_(_dot_)_net> wrote:

> I'm coming in rather late on this discussion - just curious about the
> formatting step? Presumably you would do something like:
>
> $ fdformat fd0

Yes exactly, but the low level formatting was not the question.
But thanks for answering anyway!

> I've had so many f*cking problems with floppy disks over the years I
> wouldn't trust using one without a successful format first.

Well, I can sing you a song of broken filesystems on floppies, too.
Perhaps I should also make it a habit to always fdformat first...

Cheers, Michael

Visit your host, monkey.org