[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: proper way to format/use floppies (i386)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: proper way to format/use floppies (i386)
- From: Michael Adam <openbsd_(_dot_)_org_(_at_)_googlemail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:38:35 +0200
Spruell, Darren-Perot <Darren_(_dot_)_Spruell_(_at_)_chw_(_dot_)_edu> wrote:
> Is there any reason to use FFS on a floppy? Won't FAT (-12, or whatever)
> work fine? Could you just mformat it and be along?
Yes, in fact there are:
1. As a matter of principle.
2. I need the FFS file permissions and ownerships on the floppy.