[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How to patch a physically weak system & recommended use of sudo?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: How to patch a physically weak system & recommended use of sudo?
- From: Tim <tyskdisciplin_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_se>
- Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:03:27 +0200 (CEST)
1. I have a old computer that is slow and has little memory. But I want to keep it updated with patches. I can't compile these patches on the system but I could do it on another faster system. But how can I later apply the compiled patches to the weak system?
2. Alot of you seem to use sudo instead of su - when you want to do something that requires privileges. Why is this? What settings are you using for sudo?
Visit your host, monkey.org