[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: bgpd and two CARPed routers
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: bgpd and two CARPed routers
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:04:58 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Hyb <maillist_(_dot_)_localhost_(_at_)_ntlworld_(_dot_)_com> [2005-08-11 18:57]:
> I just have one remaining query - with two sessions from each upstream and
> CARP on the inside interface, does this make a legitimate scenario for
> Presumably if both upstream interfaces failed on the CARP master,
> but the internal interface remained functional, then the internal network
> would loose connectivity.
that is a completely made up scenario.
why not concentrate on real world problems...
guess you could play some ifstated games, but I pretty much assure you
that you introduce new problems due to the way incresed complexity and
your total availbility is lower, not higher.
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org