Re: bgpd and two CARPed routers

* Hyb <maillist_(_dot_)_localhost_(_at_)_ntlworld_(_dot_)_com> [2005-08-11 18:57]:
> I just have one remaining query - with two sessions from each upstream and
> CARP on the inside interface, does this make a legitimate scenario for
> ifstated?

nah.

> Presumably if both upstream interfaces failed on the CARP master,
> but the internal interface remained functional, then the internal network
> would loose connectivity.

that is a completely made up scenario.
why not concentrate on real world problems...

guess you could play some ifstated games, but I pretty much assure you
that you introduce new problems due to the way incresed complexity and
your total availbility is lower, not higher.

--
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...

Visit your host, monkey.org