[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Major Surprise with xdm on 3.7
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Major Surprise with xdm on 3.7
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:59:48 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Dave Feustel <dfeustel_(_at_)_verizon_(_dot_)_net> [2005-08-11 18:57]:
> I just discovered that even though xdm is running,
> terminals C[0-3] are running in character mode
> ie. if, while logged in via xdm, I enter ctl-alt-F[0-3],
> I get a tty login!!!
eh, yes, of course.
> And if, alfter logging in to one of those tty screens,
> I atempt to start KDE, I am informed that I can't
> because the x server is already running.
because it is already running?
> How do I get xdm to handle all console logins?
consulting /etc/ttys can help you shooting yourself in the feet this
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.