[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Major Surprise with xdm on 3.7
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Major Surprise with xdm on 3.7
- From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel_(_at_)_verizon_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:51:38 -0500
- Reply-to: dfeustel_(_at_)_mindspring_(_dot_)_com
I just discovered that even though xdm is running,
terminals C[0-3] are running in character mode
ie. if, while logged in via xdm, I enter ctl-alt-F[0-3],
I get a tty login!!!
And if, alfter logging in to one of those tty screens,
I atempt to start KDE, I am informed that I can't
because the x server is already running.
How do I get xdm to handle all console logins?
Visit your host, monkey.org