[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: openbsd & rpc/xdr
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: openbsd & rpc/xdr
- From: Gustavo Rios <rios_(_dot_)_gustavo_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:45:28 -0300
- Reply-to: Gustavo Rios <rios_(_dot_)_gustavo_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On 7/27/05, Stephen Marley <stephen_(_at_)_marley_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:55:51AM -0300, Gustavo Rios wrote:
> > I did not meant alternatives to RPC approach? i mean alternatives to
> > the standard implementation code of rpc.
> > I don't feel like considering (as you self said) garbage like corba,
> > rx, rxml-rpc....
> > I am considering rpc/xdr but a different code implementation.
> There are several layers of api to ONC RPC. I suggest you read a book
> like the O'Reilly kangaroo book, "Power programming with RPC". Sun
> Microsystems gave away the rpc code, so I'd guess most implementations
> are based on their code.
Visit your host, monkey.org