[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: openbsd & rpc/xdr
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: openbsd & rpc/xdr
- From: Stephen Marley <stephen_(_at_)_marley_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:23:28 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:55:51AM -0300, Gustavo Rios wrote:
> I did not meant alternatives to RPC approach? i mean alternatives to
> the standard implementation code of rpc.
> I don't feel like considering (as you self said) garbage like corba,
> rx, rxml-rpc....
> I am considering rpc/xdr but a different code implementation.
There are several layers of api to ONC RPC. I suggest you read a book
like the O'Reilly kangaroo book, "Power programming with RPC". Sun
Microsystems gave away the rpc code, so I'd guess most implementations
are based on their code.