[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: openbsd & rpc/xdr
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: openbsd & rpc/xdr
- From: Stephen Marley <stephen_(_at_)_marley_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:23:28 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:55:51AM -0300, Gustavo Rios wrote:
> I did not meant alternatives to RPC approach? i mean alternatives to
> the standard implementation code of rpc.
> I don't feel like considering (as you self said) garbage like corba,
> rx, rxml-rpc....
> I am considering rpc/xdr but a different code implementation.
There are several layers of api to ONC RPC. I suggest you read a book
like the O'Reilly kangaroo book, "Power programming with RPC". Sun
Microsystems gave away the rpc code, so I'd guess most implementations
are based on their code.
Visit your host, monkey.org