Re: Anyone know of a mavell based dual gigE copper card

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 08:06:59PM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> * Bill Chmura <Bill_(_at_)_Explosivo_(_dot_)_com> [2005-07-26 19:48]:
> > For dual it only lists the SK-9822 SK-NET GE-T dual port, copper
> > adapter, which from threads I read is now realTek chips in the newer
> > revs.
>
> huh? that was linksys or dlink or netgear or one of the usual bandits.
> The SysKonnect stuff was and is sk based (take a minute to guess what
> sk stands for after all :) )

That was the Linksys EG1032 cards. 32-bit PCI single port cards. rev 2
uses Marvell chipset and rev 3 uses RealTek. It was even more fun fixing
support for the cards since Linksys used the same PCI ID code for both
cards.

Thanks to Daniel Polak who got in contact with the appropriate people from
SysKonnect. I will be receiving 3 newer SysKonnect cards for testing and
developement sometime very soon. He managed to score some hardware too.

I also had some offers from other individuals to purchase hardware. I'm
very appreciative of these offers. Of course there is no point to taking
these offers when I was able to get hardware from the vendor itself.

I will be looking for other stuff in the future. I can always use the help
of kind and helpful individuals on this list.