[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Disable IPv6 on 3.7
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Disable IPv6 on 3.7
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:25:21 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Russell J. Wood <rjw_(_at_)_dynode_(_dot_)_net> [2005-07-26 02:36]:
> Yes, one can by commenting out `OPTION INET6' in the kernel
the question was specifically (and for good reasons) for doing so
WITHOUT compiling a custom kernel.
> And one would want to do that if they don't use, IPv6, since it's
> pointless fat otherwise.
another wrong myth.
it just doesn't make a difference.
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.