[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
OT: any problems with webservers on high ports blocked by corporate-firewalls?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: OT: any problems with webservers on high ports blocked by corporate-firewalls?
- From: Miles Keaton <mileskeaton_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:24:06 -0700
- Reply-to: Miles Keaton <mileskeaton_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
Somewhat-OT, but I figure the PF-friendly OBSD gang would have more
experience with this than anyone:
Working on a webmin-style admin/control-panel service for our
Thinking of running it on high ports like :8383 - :8888 or something.
Anyone had problems with uncommon ports being blocked by
corporate-firewalls? This tool is for light-personal use, so some
people might need to log in from work.
Wondering if anyone has seen a trend these days for most companies to
block all but port 80 or something?