Re: g++: "cannot find atexit, destructors will not be run!"

Hi,

I realised my information provided was poor. So this is my Makefile for
gmake:
8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
CC      = gcc
CXX     = g++
TARGET  = mytracer
CFLAGS  = -pipe -O2 -g -Wall -pg
DEFS    = -DDEBUG
CLPD    = /usr/local/crystallography/clipper
CCP4    = /usr/local/crystallography/ccp4-5.0.2
INCL    = -I$(CLPD)/include -I$(CCP4)/include
LDFLAGS += -L$(CCP4)/lib -L$(CLPD)/lib -lclipper-ccp4 -lccp4c -lclipper-contrib -lclipper-core
LDFLAGS += -lrfftw -lfftw
OBJS     = atom.o \
	   analysis_structures.o \
	   base_cluster.o \
	   delegator.o \
	   ebody.o \
	   eshell.o \
	   logging.o \
	   main.o \
	   map_analysis.o \
	   map_fragment.o \
	   map_maker.o \
	   molekel.o \
	   parser.o \
	   pdb_atom.o \
	   pdb_molekel.o \
	   pdbin.o \
	   sequence.o \
	   sequence_tree.o \
	   simplex.o \
	   utils.o

all:  $(OBJS)
	$(CXX) $(CFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(INCL) $(OBJS) -o $(TARGET) $(LDFLAGS)

%.o:	%.cpp %.h
	$(CXX) $(CFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(INCL) -c $<
atom.o: 	types.h pse.h ideal_coordinates.h
crit_point.o: 	types.h
delegator.o:	map_maker.h
ebody.o: 	eshape.h types.h
eshape.o:	types.h utils.h
esphere.o:	eshape.h types.h utils.h
eshell.o:	types.h utils.h
main.o:		main.cpp delegator.h parser.h
	$(CXX) $(CFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(INCL) -c $<
map_fragment.o : molekel.h cc_trafo.h types.h utils.h
molekel.o: 	types.h atom.h ideal_coordinates.h

.PHONY: clean

clean:
	rm -f *.o *~ $(TARGET)

- ---------------------------------------------------------->8
i.e., I compile and link with g++.
The programs that come with the ccp4-library I am using, work, so do the
examples that come with the clipper library, and those certainly also call
	CCP4MTZfile
The examples from the library are compiled with the XCPPCLAGS=-g -fPIC
- -ftemplate-depth=30, but I don't think they are linker-related flags. With
OpenBSD do I need some other standard flags I forgot?

Tim

- --
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie
Tammannstr. 4
D-37077 Goettingen

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, mcb, inc. wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Tim Gruene wrote:
>
> > Good day,
> >
> > I am working on a program that relies on two libraries widely used in
> > crystallography, one ( the base library) written in C/fortran, the second,
> > which in turn is based on the first one, is written in C++.
> >
> > The program I wrote compiles, but when I start it, I get the message
> > "cannot find atexit, destructors will not be run!"
> > printed to the terminal,
> > and as soon as the program enters the part where the second library is
> > used, the program aborts with the last two words
> > 	CCP4MTZfile - internal error
> > 	Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> How did you link the program?  Did you use a 'g++' command or
> a 'gcc' command?  If a c++ program is not linked correctly, some
> necessary runtime code may go missing.
>
> --
> Monty Brandenberg, Software Consultant                             MCB, Inc.
> mcbinc_(_at_)_panix_(_dot_)_com                                             P.O. Box 426188
> mcbinc_(_at_)_pobox_(_dot_)_com                                   Cambridge, MA  02142-0021
> 617.864.6907
iD8DBQFC4jn1UxlJ7aRr7hoRAj3aAKDtLP/voG18FKArIZz4UYLfaG61XwCghLIC
4KZMaHLpyxWlUPBx7A6SEi4=
=QbQf
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Visit your host, monkey.org