[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Adaptec 6944a or Sun "Happy Meal"
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Adaptec 6944a or Sun "Happy Meal"
- From: Steven Bowers <steveb7_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:46:04 -0700
- Reply-to: Steven Bowers <steveb7_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On 7/21/05, Steven Bowers <steveb7_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> On 7/19/05, Ted Unangst <tedu_(_at_)_zeitbombe_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Steven Bowers wrote:
> > i'm not sure why you picked those two; neither would be near the top of
> > any list i'd make. 6944a in particular is de(4), not the greatest.
> I picked them only because they are the only two quad port cards with
> whch I am familiar. If you can recommend something I would gladly
> welcome the advice. FYI - the card will be running an an Intel SE440BX
> if that makes any difference.
I should add my neighbor will be sharing my Internet connection
through a CAT5 cable buried between our homes so it's not like I need
a high end card.
Visit your host, monkey.org