Re: Writes to samba server very, very slow

--On 19 July 2005 10:46 -0500, Daniel Ramaley wrote:

I've had this problem before. Other protocols work OK (not great, but
OK), but Samba is gets modem speeds on a fast ethernet connection.

I've had poor speeds samba->windows before and sometimes been able to fix it by just disabling and re-enabling the network connection on the windows box (until the next time when it randomly happened again months later)...I suspect that, amongst other possible problems, there are some fairly broken nic drivers out there.