[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Writes to samba server very, very slow
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Writes to samba server very, very slow
- From: Stephen Marley <stephen_(_at_)_marley_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:07:01 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 02:57:33PM -0700, Gary Clemans-Gibbon wrote:
> Yes, I've tried different cables and different ports on the switch. This
> hardware has all been used before together. I cycled the power to the
> switch (can't find a reset button) and no change. Via samba or SCP it
> takes 7 minutes to write a file to the server and 12 seconds to read the
> same file.
Have you tried half-duplex at either 100 or 10Mb/s?
Have you tried a different switch?
Have you tried a crossover cable, bypassing the switch?
Have you tried writing to a memory filesystem (to rule out HD)?