Re: Writes to samba server very, very slow

...on Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 12:56:03AM -0700, Tim Hammerquist wrote:

 > I've seen this same phenomenon when copying to from my OSX Powerbook and
 > my fileserver (running both FreeBSD 5 and Gentoo Linux), with the OSX
 > acting as samba client.

Just to drop this in again - at least here, writing from
an OS X (10.2 or 10.3) system to a Samba 2 server is
abysmally slow up to the point that OS X claims to have
lost connection to the server, regardless of whether
the Samba server runs on OpenBSD or Linux.

Couldn't be bothered to find out the reason for that
yet, though... Also didn't really try Samba 3 yet, as
it didn't play nice with my OS/2 client last time...

Alex.

Visit your host, monkey.org