[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: raidFRAME - Disk id's changed, raid labels confused?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: raidFRAME - Disk id's changed, raid labels confused?
- From: jared r r spiegel <jrrs_(_at_)_ice-nine_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:47:08 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: jared r r spiegel <jrrs_(_at_)_ice-nine_(_dot_)_org>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 02:21:09PM -0700, Golliher, Blake wrote:
> I've changed the raidframe.conf to reflect the change, but that didn't
> work, unless I missed something. I still get a message about a hosed
> raid device. I think the raidlabels contain some disk id information,
> and I'll need to find a way to change those, in order to save this
> raidgroup. Any pointers on how to do that?
if perhaps the wd0-6 are being found out of the same order as they
were on the old motherboard, you could use atactl to find the
serial # of the drives (hopefully those're unique per-drive) as they
are in the original configuration, and then use that to ensure that
you're putting the raid back in the same order.
tho maybe this is a valueless suggestion :/