Re: mozilla-firefox problem, was: kdeinit problems in 3.7-current

:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:50:56 -0400
Josh Grosse <josh_(_at_)_jggimi_(_dot_)_homeip_(_dot_)_net> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 09:32:45AM +0200, Ulrich Kahl wrote:
>
> > sorry, no answer to your question, but I have also encountered
> > this "suddenly X crashes"-problem with mozilla-firefox, but running
> > under ICEWM.
>
> That's good news; it means that its possibly not a KDE problem;
> instead this might mean its either Xorg or firefox.  I've struggled
> getting gdb to work with Xorg while its running; haven't figured out
> how to connect it to an Xorg process and let Xorg keep going.
>
> 1.0.5 has been released by Mozilla, it contains both a set of
> published security fixes as well as unpublished "Improvements to
> stability" according to its release notes (.html updated July 12).
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.5.html

Yes, but it seems that it will be replaced with version 1.0.6 shortly
(both Firefox and Thunderbird), due to API-changes, that have broken
some extension.
See:
<http://groups.google.de/group/netscape.public.mozilla.l10n/browse_thread/thread/adc57e22a045c0cf/18cd2d01ee96fd31?hl=de#18cd2d01ee96fd31>

	Ulrich