Re: BGPD: crash

* Toni Mueller <openbsd-misc_(_at_)_oeko_(_dot_)_net> [2005-07-13 23:34]:
> I'm running OpenBSD's bgpd on one of my machines (i386) and, for some
> reasons, a snapshot of July 12th. Before, I ran a snap from May 2nd (?)
> which worked very nicely wrt. BGP, with a session lifetime in the
> neighborhood of 10 days (I rebooted the box for unrelated reasons).
> The machine itself has enough horsepower to run bgpd, and I import
> everything.
>
> Now, with the current snapshot, I find this in my logs after bgpd was
> dead:
>
> Jul 13 22:52:08 w1 bgpd[14813]: fatal in RDE: Uh, oh a politician in the decision process

huch, that means you have two completely identical prefix/as-path
combos in the rib, received from the same peer... should be
impossible?! very strange.
--
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...

Visit your host, monkey.org