[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: fan control on AcerPower F1b
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: fan control on AcerPower F1b
- From: Josh Grosse <josh_(_at_)_jggimi_(_dot_)_homeip_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:46:51 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 10:43:22AM +0200, Daniel Polak wrote:
> During boot the fan on my AcerPower F1b is switched on and remains on at
> full speed. This makes the pc rather noisy.
> The fan switches on when the kernel loads right after fdc0 is detected.
> I fiddled with the BIOS power saving settings and even called Acer but
> to no avail.
> Has anybody encountered anything similar?
Yes. I have an Asus A7VT Terminator (VIA KM266 Pro and VIA VT8235 CE). It
stays noisy, but cool. :-)
Visit your host, monkey.org