[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: getting dhclient to update bind forwarders IPs
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: getting dhclient to update bind forwarders IPs
- From: raphael_(_dot_)_berbain_(_at_)_free_(_dot_)_fr (Raphaël Berbain)
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:24:04 +0200
- Cancel-lock: sha1:2XJZjOooo3lcB30BlkclwSOKaVQ=
- Mail-copies-to: never
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Alexander Bochmann:
> The only way to change the bind settings would be through
> a script that does it. But I don't think you could run
> it from dhclient, as there's no way I know of to pass the
> retrieved name server information to a script.
dhclient already runs dhclient-script(8), and passes it the
ISP-supplied DNS IPs, doesn't it ?
> Possibly write a script that requests the name server data
> from the DHCP server independent of dhclient, and update
> the bind config from there.
To clarify, the question is more a bind one than a dhcp one: Do I
have to stop bind, rewrite /var/named/etc/named.conf, start bind again
or is there a way to give forwarder IPs to bind through, e.g.,
Visit your host, monkey.org