[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: getting dhclient to update bind forwarders IPs
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: getting dhclient to update bind forwarders IPs
- From: Stephen Marley <stephen_(_at_)_marley_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:30:11 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 09:38:43AM -0400, Will H. Backman wrote:
> > For the other part, if you're running your own nameserver,
> > why would you want to use forwarders at all?
> The use of forwarders is a good thing. It reduces the load on the root
> servers, and your DNS server gets to use closer servers that may already
> have the answer.
Actually, in most circumstances the use of forwarders is considered a
bad thing by many DNS experts. See USENET comp.protocols.dns.bind for
Visit your host, monkey.org