[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
getting dhclient to update bind forwarders IPs
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: getting dhclient to update bind forwarders IPs
- From: raphael_(_dot_)_berbain_(_at_)_free_(_dot_)_fr (Raphaël Berbain)
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:02:11 +0200
- Cancel-lock: sha1:1OaKpj25zvNV+7lN56BVqAzo/XE=
- Mail-copies-to: never
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
I have a box running bind as a cache+forwarder setup. It connects to
the ISP through DHCP. When dhclient kicks in, it fetches the
ISP-provided DNS IPs and by default puts those in /etc/resolv.conf.
Instead of that, I'd like /etc/resolv.conf to point to localhost.
I'd also like dhclient to tell bind to use the DNS IPs it got by dhcp
as forwarders. I can think of several ways to keep /etc/resolv.conf
pointing to localhost, but I can't find a way to have dhclient update
bind's idea of forwarders IPs.
As an aside, I STFW|A and discovered that the FAQ has no 6.8 section.
Google results however seem to suggest that this section was about
bind. Does anybody know what happened to it ? Also, I found this
dating back from 2001 which asks exactly the same question. The
answers were basically 'go static'. The lack of hits regarding this
issue seem to indicate that there is some obvious answer in the docs
that I missed, so if someone would be kind enough to point me to the
right FM that'd be great.
Visit your host, monkey.org