Re: squid on openbsd 3.7

Karsten McMinn wrote:

On 7/7/05, Askar Ali <askar_(_at_)_askarali_(_dot_)_info> wrote:

Adam wrote:
I would love if you can gives any other suggestion that could makes
squid performance cool, may be in sysctl.conf?

Squid is a cpu, descriptor and disk hog. After you have allocated the disk space and compiled with ample available FDs you pretty much just use an acl to keep its cpu utilization in control.

Okay squid is running with desired file descriptors, I just want to know, for transparent proxy do I have to reinstall squid by passing some arguments during instaling from ports?

Or pf "nat" rule would be enough ? ( i know howto do nat, and other pf stuff)

secondly I want to --enabe-snmp and some other things which are not presently enable while I install squid from port.......

Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE9
configure options: --datadir=/usr/local/share/squid '--enable-auth=basic digest' '--enable-basic-auth-helpers=NCSA YP'--enable-digest-auth-helpers=password '--enable-external-acl-helpers=ip_user unix_group' '--enable-removal-policies=lruheap' --enable-ssl '--enable-storeio=ufs diskd' --localstatedir=/var/squid --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc

squid is installed with the above default configurations, I duno howto pass arugment while installing from ports, (heh coming from linux background where ./configure blah blah kinda cool)

regards

Askar Ali

Visit your host, monkey.org