[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
raid mirror VS cdd mirror
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: raid mirror VS cdd mirror
- From: engineer_(_at_)_hlebprom_(_dot_)_ru
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:07:31 +0600
- Reply-to: engineer_(_at_)_hlebprom_(_dot_)_ru
In continuation of "raidctl -P all in /etc/rc" theme.
Please, can you explain what difference between RAID mirroring and
I see that RAID have reconstruction option, and trace parity
condition. In the other side, it need to "raidctl -P all" and wait for
it before start system. I read ccd(4), ccdconfig(4), but they are not
describe what I want to know.
And, briefly, what difference between RAID and CCD in such fields
like "performance", "what to do after one disk fail", and "what will
be when one disk fail while system running".