[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: sleep patterns...
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: sleep patterns...
- From: unixadmin99 <unixadmin99_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:17:47 +0100
- Reply-to: unixadmin99 <unixadmin99_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On 7/4/05, John Wright <john_(_at_)_dryfish_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 09:00:18AM +0100, unixadmin99 wrote:
> > Oops!
> > Accidently emptied half the contents of src.tar.gz into /usr/bin while
> > undergoing an install under the intoxication of sleep.
> > What's the most efficient way of rectifying this?
> src.tar.gz is mostly directories and /usr/bin shouldn't have any.
> cd /usr/bin
> for d in *; do
> if [ -d "$d" ]; then
> echo $d
> echo Makefile
> Should list what needs deleting.
Indeed /usr/bin should not contain directories.
Followed John's advice and compared against a known good.