[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Gnu Assembler on Openbsd 3.7 "Operation not permitted"
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Gnu Assembler on Openbsd 3.7 "Operation not permitted"
- From: Ted Hanna <wolfpacklabs_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:44:27 -0700
- Reply-to: Ted Hanna <wolfpacklabs_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
im receiving an error on compiling using gas and ld. i did a test
compile using a hello.S that have the usuall "hello world" written in
asm. the compile went smoothly and so does the linking but i got at a
point where i am ready to run the program and got this error
$ as -o hello.o hello.S
$ ld -s -o hello hello.o
sh: hello: Operation not permitted
here's the file stats
$ ls -la hello
-rwxr-xr-x 1 dee dee 4452 Jul 2 14:42 hello
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Visit your host, monkey.org