Re: cannot make server certificate in courier-imap

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Uwe Dippel wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2005 10:20:31 -0700, Robin wrote:

Thanks Uwe,

Switched to a Compaq Deskpro PIII/450 and certificate
process went well. Old system was a noname PII/333
running on an ASUS motherboard (not sure what model)

Did it on a 10-year-old no-name MB with a P100. No problem. Better check your 'old' ASUS; there seems a problem with it; one that is not related to lack of CPU power.

My guess is that the error was related to your shell or environment variables. I was installing OpenVPN on a 3.6 box once, and got the exact same error using the easy-rsa scripts that came with the OpenVPN source. They basically ran your command and gave me the error message. The solution was to run a bash shell... execute a file that setup the proper environment variables ". vars", and then run the build-req script, which was similar to your mkimapdcert, so I might see what the differences between your environments and shells on the two machines are and start there.

				-Matt-

Visit your host, monkey.org