Re: some questions about OpenBSDs future plans

On 2005 May 9, at 2:23 PM, Miod Vallat wrote:

> Even if the plan9
> compiler looks nice.

Forgive me if I'm out of the loop, but has the license changed since
two years ago?

     http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0306/msg01274.html

(That's just the start of the thread. Read at least the next couple

Assuming that this license:

     http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/license.html

is what applies to the compiler, I'd have to answer my own question
with, ``Not really.''

Is there *any* compiler other than TenDRA with a usable license? We've
already heard about TenDRA's technical shortcomings in this thread. Is
the only other option OpenCC? As much as I'd love to see such a
thing...well, I know Theo's nuts enough to write his own compiler, but
still....

Not that I expect to see a GCC-free OpenBSD for a *long* time, of
course.

Cheers,

b&

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]

Visit your host, monkey.org