[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ospf/gre or bgp over ipsec instead of cisco?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ospf/gre or bgp over ipsec instead of cisco?
- From: Stephen Marley <stephen_(_dot_)_marley_(_at_)_catwoman_(_dot_)_cl-is_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 17:01:05 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 07:49:10AM +0200, Esben Norby wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 May 2005 23:47, Stephen Marley wrote:
> > Can anyone forsee any problems doing this with the current state of ospf
> > within openbsd? Or gif instead of gre perhaps?
> One of the things that usally comes back and bites you is the lack of
> multicast support (or buggy multicast support). All (well almost all) OSPF
> signalling is sent as multicast traffic. A gre tunnel should handle that
> fine, haven't tried it but it seems it's just a point-to-point device.
> The currnet state of ospfd should be enough to test your setup, and feedback
> from such a test would be greatly appreciated.
I have done some preliminary tests over ipsec/gre and ipsec/gif. I need
to rejig the set up a bit, but I will post back more details when I'm
ready. Watch this space.
Visit your host, monkey.org