Viewing socket owner

I have been playing around with netstat and found lots of strange
(read uknown ports) udp connections.  I wanted to know what processes
where doing these connections.  After reading the netstat man page I
concluded that it can't do it.  Google provided no useful information.

So I wonder if there is a way to view the pid (or pgid) of the owner
of a socket other than writing my own program to read kernel memory
with kvm_*.

Arnaud Bergeron
--
   Fourth law of programming: