Re: ntpd: problem syncing with ntpdate

Michael Adam dixit:

>OK, that was it: ntpclient was only successful after ntpd had
>written to syslog that it had a valid peer.

And it's not only ntpclient.

I'm hereby repeating my request to add a "distribute" mode
to ntpd which lets it fake this state directly after starting
up (and maybe the initial timesetting).

Useful for:
- two connected machines, one in private LAN getting the clock
  from the other, when the machine with two legs reboots so
  the other machine doesn't get a valid reply for sometimes
  several hours
- a machine synched via external (non-ntpd) means, distributing
  the time

//mirabile
--
> [...] Echtzeit hat weniger mit "Speed"[...] zu tun, sondern damit, da_ der
> richtige Proze_ voraussagbar rechtzeitig sein Zeitscheibchen bekommt.
Wir haben uns[...] geeinigt, dass das verwendete Echtzeit-Betriebssystem[...]
weil selbst einfachste Operationen *echt* *Zeit* brauchen.	(aus d.a.s.r)