[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: "make build" newbie question
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: "make build" newbie question
- From: Hannah Schroeter <hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:02:02 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Schlund + Partner AG
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 12:50:17AM +0200, Didier Wiroth wrote:
>What make command does "make build" actually execute?
>Is it possible to do it in seperate commands?
>for example, are these 2 commands and their executed order equivalent to "make build":
>2) make install
>or are the more required steps?
Look at make(1), especially the -n option.
Then you will learn a bit more useful stuff in addition to the answer
to your original question.
Visit your host, monkey.org