tftp transfer problems from 3.6 -> 3.6

I have two 3.6 machines which are following the 3.6 patch branch.  When
trying to transfer a file using tftp from machine "foo" to machine "bar" I
get:

  "
  someone wants tftp
  23193 execv /usr/libexec/tftpd
  reaping asked for
  23193 reaped, status 0
  restored tftp, fd 4
  "

Making sure everything is setup right first, I double-checked the file
permissions...everything looks good (and it works between our switch gear
and Netscreen firewalls).

bar# egrep -v '^#' /etc/inetd.conf
tftp            dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd tftpd -s /var/tftp

bar# ls -ld /var/tftp
drwxrwxrwt  2 root  wheel  512 Feb  2 01:42 /var/tftp

bar# ls -l /var/tftp/pf_log.txt
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  0 Mar 23 10:07 /var/tftp/pf_log.txt

On the client side, I've turned on verbose and trace in the tftp client and
see this..

tftp> put pf_log.txt
putting pf_log.txt to foo:pf_log.txt [netascii]
sent WRQ <file=pf_log.txt, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=pf_log.txt, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=pf_log.txt, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=pf_log.txt, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=pf_log.txt, mode=netascii>
Transfer timed out.

On the server we see this...

bar# inetd -d
someone wants tftp
23193 execv /usr/libexec/tftpd
reaping asked for
23193 reaped, status 0
restored tftp, fd 4
someone wants tftp
12366 execv /usr/libexec/tftpd
reaping asked for
12366 reaped, status 0
restored tftp, fd 4
someone wants tftp
9904 execv /usr/libexec/tftpd
reaping asked for
9904 reaped, status 0
restored tftp, fd 4
someone wants tftp
22573 execv /usr/libexec/tftpd
reaping asked for
22573 reaped, status 0
restored tftp, fd 4
someone wants tftp
4571 execv /usr/libexec/tftpd
reaping asked for
4571 reaped, status 0
restored tftp, fd 4

The client has the following in it's pf.conf,

"pass out quick inet proto udp keep state"

The server has

"pass in quick inet proto udp from foo to any port 69 keep state"

I know there's issues with tftp in general as it's not reliable, but this is
on the same network segment and just going across the same blade on a 6509
switch.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Visit your host, monkey.org