Re: starting pppoe - correct way?

* J.D. Bronson <jbronson_(_at_)_wixb_(_dot_)_com> [2005-03-12 23:46]:
> I have seen some discussions on this...but not a definite answer.
>
> I had been starting pppoe in /etc/rc.local as:
>
> echo -n ' pppoe ';      /usr/sbin/ppp -ddial isp
>

> but then I read that an alternate way was to use something
> like this:
>
> % cat /etc/hostname.tun0
> !/usr/sbin/ppp -ddial isp
>

> ..they both work....so what is the *preferred* way to do this under OpenBSD
> ?

that is kinda an matter of personal preference, I really prefer to have
anything related to bringing interfaces up in hostname.if.
which has the added benefit that an "sh /etc/netstart tun0" will work
as intended :)

--
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
(Dennis Ritchie)