Re: ntpd: problem syncing with ntpdate

Hi, and thanks for all your replies!

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 03:50:29PM +0100, Henning Brauer wrote:
> * Wijnand Wiersma <wwiersma_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com> [2005-03-09 15:15]:
> > And what if you wait a few minutes?
>
> might be even more. the ntpdate from ntp.org is very very very anal
> about the server beeing completely synced etc.
> yeah, it is so much better to not correct the clock at all instead of
> using an maybe-off-by-half-a-second server...

Humm, this might be the problem: I only wantet the bsd box
to listen for ntp request, not to contact any other servers
on the internet, since it sits behind a dial-up-line and I
didn't want ntpd to keep the line up all the time.
So I only configured the "listen" option but neither "server"
nor "servers" option in ntpd.conf. It started and did not
complain, and I thought all was ok.

Well, I will check again with some server(s) configured soon.

Michael