Re: A silent computer as a multi-purpose home server / ASUS Terminator C3

If you want small and darn quiet, head into mini-itx land from via. They are fanless so super quiet. If you get a snap in DC board, you can even eliminate the power supply fan. Oh yes, and they are 17cm by 17cm so you can really squeeze them into an itsy spot.

If you need power, go with liquid cooled and a more standard motherboard size...

Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to build a new system to be used as a home always-on
multi-purpose server (firewall, http, cvs, smtp, nfs etc). I have a
small apartment, so I'd like the box to be _very quiet_.

Visit your host, monkey.org