[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: allow user shutdown
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: allow user shutdown
- From: James Earl <jamesd_(_dot_)_earl_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:41:28 -0700
- Reply-to: James Earl <jamesd_(_dot_)_earl_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:37:22 -0700, Todd C. Miller
> In message <c6bf2550502271926241371f3_(_at_)_mail_(_dot_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
> so spake James Earl (jamesd.earl):
> > I basically would like to use the shutdown command without needing to
> > enter a password or be prompted further (I guess sudo is an option if
> > you can have it work without a password???).
> Users in group operator may run shutdown. That is why it is
> setuid root but not executable by other than owner and group.
> - todd
Thanks, can't get any easier than that!