OS upgrade and RAID

Hi misc,

I am currently using an OpenBSD 3.2 configured with 2 raid devices...

I want to upgrade this machine to a 3.6, and as the root partition is on one of the mirrored disks, I thought of plugging in another disk with the new OS.

My question is whether the new OS will recognize the two raid file systems without reinitializing them, or doing major changes. I am aware that I should have the pseudo_raid option compiled in the kernel, but, for example, should I set the devices to be autoconfigurable again?

I have tested this scenario from 3.5 to 3.6, and all went ok, but my concern is that there might have been major changes from 3.2 to 3.6.

I have read the raidctl and raid man pages, searched google and the archives, but haven't found information about this. My guess is that there shouldn't be a problem, but I just wanted to check with you before proceeding.

Thanks,
Fernando.

Visit your host, monkey.org