Re: Routing Problem - Need Help

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:33:14 +0100, Claudio Jeker
<cjeker_(_at_)_diehard_(_dot_)_n-r-g_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> While your example needs to fail I don't see a reason why
>   xl0:                10.0.0.254/24
>   xl1:                10.0.50.99/16
> needs to fail.

because this isn't exactly a cisco gsr here. the more specific doesn't
get loaded by default, although logic says it should, the larger is
king in the openbsd routing table. also fyi, Cisco doesn't let you
overlap on interfaces either. I don't want to get into ipv4 design
limitations, suffice it to say that it could work if one wanted to
tweak source.

Visit your host, monkey.org