[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
what do you do when you have attempted hacks in your logs
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: what do you do when you have attempted hacks in your logs
- From: Dave Smith <dms121_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 05:10:54 -0800 (PST)
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
I check my logs regularly and there is often hundreds
of hack attempts, though none successful. I usually do
a lookup on the IP, which gives little useful
information. What do you guys do? Ignore them? Attempt
to contact somone at the domain? whois often gives me
nothing, nslookup gives a bit more, but often not
enough. I always add the IP to my block list, but
that's about it....
looking for advice....
The all-new My Yahoo! - What will yours do?