Installation hangs at rd0

Hi

 I am trying to install OpenBSD 3.6 (no prior OpenBSD or BSD experience, but
plenty of Linux experience) on a Dell Poweredge server (SC420).

 I used ntrw.exe on a winxp platform to create a floppyb36.fs image and
booted with the floppy. The kernel loads with boot bsd (no bsd.rd file on
the floppy - just one boot file and one bsd file (using ls on boot>
prompt).

 Now the install complains that :

  pciide0 : channel 1 ignored (not responding; disabled or drives ?)
 pciide1 at pci0 at dev 31 function 2 vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x2652
rev 0x03 : DMA (unsupported), channel 0 configured to native-PCI, channel 1
configured to native-PCI

wd0 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0 : <Maxtor 6Y160M0>

rd0 : fixed, 3560 blocks

All the above is white text on a blue (selected style) background on a dark
screen.

The keyboard and everything appears to be dead as the three finger salute
does not work, though I do see messages like :

wskbd0 at pckbd0 : console keyboard, using wsdisplay0

I was under the impression that OpenBSD, a derivative of NetBSD, ran on
almost every platform. I have read about the reputation of OpenBSD
security, so naturally chose it over FreeBSD and Slackware (which I am a
lot more familiar with). Is my platform supported ? If not, should I try
FreeBSD 5.3 Release or Slackware 10.1 ?

Thanks.