Re: em (Intel 1000GT) on 3.6

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 10:31:28AM -0600, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> At 10:07 AM 02/18/2005, Henning Brauer wrote:
> >> it is detected by the kernel, but claims that the MAC address is invalid
> >> and wont enable the card.
> >
> >well I am surprised that your mail does not contain the dmesg from 3.6
> >and a dmesg from a snapshot. Lacking these it is entirely useless.
>
> Its obviously not supported in 3.6 ....
>
> I have not tested with a snapshot (yet) and plan on this today.
> I already told the group I will report back my success/failure with more
> information.
>
> Thanks for your wonderful input.
>
>  -Jeff

Well there is a difference between there being no support as in not even
attempting to attach to the card or needing some special driver changes to
have it work which hasn't been attempted yet and the driver having the intention
of supporting the card but there possibly being a bug somewhere. With 3.6 the
situation is the latter case so we need something to go on to try and fix it
besides "it doesn't work". If you see messages in the dmesg that indicate an
invalid MAC addy then I'd like to see the dmesg and preferably a full dmesg.

// Brad

Visit your host, monkey.org